Brazil Real Estate Investment World Conference
For those in the São Paulo area next week (2-4th February), an event well worth attending is the annual ‘Brazil Real Estate Investment World Conference’. Please see a short interview with conference organiser, Melissa Diaz, on what investors can expect to see and hear over the course of the three days:
1) Why is this event being held?
Real Estate Investment World Brasil returns for a second year as the forum for Brazil’s most respected developers, fund managers, institutional investors and leading service providers to gather and discuss opportunities in the Brazilian real estate market.
2) In terms of exhibitors – can you break down the scope of Brazil property / land related organisations that will be there? This years Gold Sponsor is First American Title Insurance Company and the two Silver Sponsors are Lobo & de Rizzo Advogados and Grupo Edisur. First American Title is a US based title company fully doing business in Brazil now. Lobo & de Rizzo Advogados is a Brazil based law firm. Finally, Grupo Edisur is an Argentinean large real estate developer that receives investment from Brazil. More information on other attendees can be found by clicking here.
3) Who will be speaking at the event and why have they specifically been invited? More than 40 of Brazil’s most respected real estate investors and developers will speak about local, regional and global issues in the Brazilian Real Estate market.
4) Our readers and subscribers often want impartial and objective information about real estate investing in Brazil – what can you say to reassure them that they won’t just be ’sold’ to? Quality content, period. The content has been selected by the Brazilian real estate community for the Brazilian real estate community. There are no sales pitches.
5) How can attendees leverage their time at the event? The conference consists of three days. A pre-conference workshop day on the “Impact of recent regulatory changes on the formation and use of Real Estate Funds” and then two full speaking program conference days chock full of special addresses, in-depth panel discussions, interactive roundtables, networking lunches and breaks, and a speed networking session. Attendees receive the opportunity to hear from more than 40 speakers and meet virtually the entire delegation.
6) Will there be networking opportunities – where investors can not only meet developers, finance specialists etc., but other like-minded people that are attending the event? A speed networking session takes place on the first conference day where attendees are able to exchange a brief introduction and business card with all of the attendees present at the conference. Those brief introductions can later be followed up on during the conference at the networking lunches and breaks and of course following the conference to further develop business partnerships.
7) How can people, who do not know, find out more about the event? On the event website where they can see the event’s agenda, list of speakers and download a brochure www.terrapinn.com/2010/reiwbrasil.